Re: hidden folder

On 2011-05-07 14:07, John Lindsay wrote:
When I try to backup my home directory I get an error message regarding
a folder called '.mozilla'. Looking at it as root there does not appear
to be anything inside -- can I get rid of it or is it an essential part
of iceweasel/mozilla? It doesn't stop my backup from completing -- it's
just a minor annoyance.

John

Hi,
what is error message?
.mozilla directory is for some Iceweasel/Firefox, IceApe/SeaMonkey and I guess IceDove/Thunderbird stuff (extenzions, bookmarks etc.).

If you use any of this app I think it should be something in .mozilla

Try to close all this app and backup again.

If it is in your /home/ you should be the owner, is it maybe wrong owner permission?
--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic