Re: Poll - What Smartphone do you use?

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 09:06, John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2011 04:54:55 -0400
> Brad Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> dijo:
>
>>I have been researching this since I am in the same position with
>>AT&T. The primary phone on our line is $90/month, and the secondary is
>>$30. I called AT&T and asked them if they could help "keep an AT&T
>>customer from becoming a former AT&T customer." Why should I pay
>>$120/month for 700m talk/unlimited text/no data and be shackled into a
>>two year contract, when the pay-as-you-go plans are as little as
>>$35/month for all-you-can-eat, including data.
>>
>>Unfortunately, the downside is that all of the PAYG services I have
>>found so far (I've looked at Virgin Mobile and Boost, seemingly the
>>two largest) appear to be on Sprint's network (in the US), and
>>therefore are CDMA. Since the N900 is GSM, it goes back to, for me
>>anyway, an internet tablet like the N810.
>
> I don't know anything about the N810, but if it is an AT&T phone it
> should work on T-Mobile.

That's the thing, although the 770, n800, n810, n810 WiMax and n900
form a series (of maemo-powered devices), only the n900 is a phone.

The others are "MIDs" or "Palmtops" or really fancy "PDAs" or
"Internet Tablets" or whatever you want to call them. They are not
sized as a phone and have no phone hardware or software.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers