Re: Problem with Samba on Squeeze

On Sun, 01 May 2011 10:58:01 -0700, Roger Morgan wrote:

>> From: Camaleón
>
>> It looks something related to  authentication.
>>
>> Is there anything interesting at samba logs? I know samba  logs are
>> pretty hard to understand :-) but maybe there is something in there
>> that give you any clue.
>>
> Here are the logs for the relevant time.

(...)

Sadly those are pretty generic errors and don't tell much about the cause
of the failure. Try by increasing samba log level¹ ("log level = 3"),
restart samba daemons, run smbclient again and review again the logs.

P.S. 1 - Don't forget to restore to the previous samba log level or your
disk will be quickly flooded :-)

P.S. 2 - Before sending the logs, review the content to avoid sending
sensible data (replace/delete anything you don't want to be viewed by
everyone).

¹http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html#LOGLEVEL

Greetings,

--