Re: [SOLVED] Re: Anyone know now long backports.org will be down?

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011, shawn wilson wrote:
> All the same, they should know better than to break part of the internet.
> That's sorta uncalled for.

Someone has to pay for the domain and hosting and bandwidth for the redirect
server.  Are you volunteering to do that?  It would be most welcome, I am
sure.

The move was announced widely, including in backports.org itself and the
mailing lists you were strongly urged to subscribe to in the backports.org
terms of service and usage directions.

It is now down, so any remaining users will be forced to ask about it, and
will get pointed to the right place.   Eventually (and I hope it will take a
long time to happen) the domain will expire, some squatter will get hold of
that domain, and do whatever evil things they might care to.

  Henrique Holschuh