Re: Ubuntu Versions

On Apr 5, 2011, at 7:15 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 04/05/2011 05:37 PM, Mark wrote:
> [snip]
>> upgrading.  For all its flaws, one nice thing about Windows is that it
>> has a 10-year (14-year for XP) support cycle, so while there may be
>> service packs, etc., to the end user, the interface is virtually the
>> same for 10 years. I realize that not upgrading/getting more
>> goodies/etc. is not the preference of most people on the list, but for
>> some Debian users it might be.  It's an "if it ain't broke, don't fix
>> it" type thing.
>>

> You need to mention that to GNOME.  Not that they'd list.  "We're the experts.  We know best."

That's pretty much why I stopped filing bug reports or issues with almost all FOSS.  Too many devs are like that -- too busy being right to listen (and more interested in clearing the bug report than in fixing it).

And I say that as someone who retired early because his work as a developer/programmer did what it needed to and made his clients happy and someone who has contributed code to FOSS projects and released some of his own FOSS projects.

Hal