Re (2): Meaningful names

Ron,

Serial numbers work for Linksys adapters because they are legible.
Otherwise I could stick bits of tape and mark them "e0", "e1" and "e2".

All just names which let you identify the parts.  Analogous to naming
your children.  Don't give two the same name.  If you don't name them
they get defaults such as BC4320971 (Birth Certificate 4320971)
... or eth3.

From:	Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
Date:	Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:59:04 -0500
> I have *no* idea what the serial number is on the network "card" built
> onto my mobo.

Name it "mobo".  If there are two adapters on the mobo, "moboleft" and
"moboright"?  =8~))  There must be a MAC address if you prefer that.
Or just leave the default eth0.

Regards,              ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.