Re: how to get 3D acceleration with an intel i7?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:08:57 +0200, Bruno Boettcher wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:49:14PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> The more data you provide, the better for other people can tell you
>> some hints :-)

> :D
> sur enough, ok i am running enlightement .16 as desktopmanager, without
> too much options enabled (no effects etc)  and for normal work, e.g.
> launching and moving xterms, editing documents wth libreoffice etc
> there's no lag, as soon as i start some heavy duty graphic apps there's
> lag and often some out of synchro lines that appear.

For this issue (some kind of screen corruption) I can't tell as Sid seems
to be using the latest intel driver (2.14.0) and the same for libdrm
(2.4.23) and mesa (7.10).

> doesn't happen BTW with glxgears, but tested also with a widely
> available game: extreme tuxracer
>
> and then there's proprietary software i need running under wine which
> doesn't use opengl but the "'$%'«» M$ system.... and those won't
> work.....

You mean DirectX based games or applications? I dunno if these can work
even using Wine, maybe you need some trick (for example, passing an
additional argument to wine binary) to launch these apps :-?

> tried also some heavy graphics games like regnum online, same problem,
> they complain of lack of drivers....
>
> i suppose now it has something to do with some lacking in the
> translation between windows graphics and opengl :(

Yes, there must be something related to that. Look, as for Regnum, Intel
cards are still marked as "experimental", so I would expect some problems
when playing this game:

Supported video cards
http://www.regnumonline.com.ar/index.php?l=1&sec=20&subsec=41

Greetings,