Re: SSD's under Debian Linux

On Tue, 2011-03-29 at 10:34 +0200, bars0 bars0 wrote:
> I recently bought an OCZ VERTEX 2 SSD. What precautions should I take
> when installing Debian on it? Are SSD drives supported by Linux?

I have a couple of Debian machines with OCZ Vertex's and have had no
problems in the 18 months I've been running them. The only precaution I
took was to mount file systems with 'noatime'.

When I did a reinstall on one machine last month I did align the
partitions to 8MB boundaries, just because I thought it couldn't hurt.
(Before they weren't even aligned to an even number of 512byte sectors.)

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments