Android Debian - Lets start Debian for Android hw phones

Let's start the "Debian distro for Android capable hardware phones".

What are the first steps we can easily take, to get started on this?

1) Talk about how to do it on this email list.
2) Put something on www.debian.org web page about beginning to work on
this project.
3) Create a mailing list for "Debian for Android Hw".
4) Send some thoughts in reply to this email, & to the new mailing list.
5) Make a wiki page for "Debian distro for Android capable hardware
phones".
    - http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnHandhelds

=
My motivation:
I got an Android capable smartphone/computer a few months ago. - Samsung
Intercept, Virgin Mobil, $200, $25/month includes unlimited internet.

Of course, I'd like to get a GNU(Linux) distro on it.  So, rather than
have to piece together something using CyanogenMod & piece a bunch of
aps together, I'd just like to have a KUbuntu version to put on there.
- Download the ISO, start, 15 minutes later it's all there with all my
familiar desktop aps in smartphone version.

So, I figure, first step (before getting my KUbuntu), is there needs to
be the Debian for Android Hw smartphones distro, for KUbuntu to build on
top of.

=
Ok, well, there you are, folks.  I've done my initial part for the
project - suggest it get started.  So, can some interested Debian
individuals please now step it another step forward?

Thanks for all the great Debian stuff!  :)