Questions on Installing fglrx

Hi,

  I decided to use the fglrx driver on my linux squeeze system as the
3D seemed a bit slow on my machine. Here is my setup:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
[Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series]

  I followed the steps for squeeze from the page:
http://wiki.debian.org/fr/ATIProprietary (*)

  However glxinfo/glxgears/fglrxinfo keeps on failing with:

X Error of failed request:  BadRequest (invalid request code or no
such operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
  Serial number of failed request:  15

  According to the log file I have the following errors:

$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(EE) fglrx(0): ACPI: DRM connection failed
(EE) fglrx(0): ACPI: DRM connection failed
(EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
(EE) fglrx(0): XMM failed to open CMMQS connection.
(EE) fglrx(0): XMM failed to initialize
(EE) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad Unable to query/initialize Synaptics hardware.
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"

And last but not least I cannot use aticonfig

$ aticonfig --initial
Found fglrx primary device section
 Unable to find any supported Screen sections

Thanks for any suggestions,
--
Mathieu

(*)