Re: Re (2): [OT] US tax forms with acroread from debian-multimedia

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 08:49:18 -0800, peasthope wrote:

> From:	Camaleon
> Date:	Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:34:41 +0000 (UTC)
>> Form 1040 can be filled fine with Evince (from lenny) ... I'm not sure
>> if it's okay with just filling the data and then print it or sending
>> the file via e-mail or by direct upload.
>
> Isn't a Web based tax calculation more efficient?  The arithmetic is
> performed spreadsheet style.  Then you can submit the return
> electronically and save both a database image and a pdf for future
> reference.

Sure it is! :-)

Is just here in Spain I do not trust so much how the "e-gov" works. Most
of time behind the PDF form there are "humans" handling the data and
asking you many trivial questions ("we have not received the PDF",
"filled data is broken or incomplete", "please, go to your nearest office
to provide the data -again-" and so on...). You filled all the data
online but "something" fails -misteriously- in the middle of the process
which finally translates into time lost.

So I trust the technology but only when it is completely automated and
not so "human-dependant". Many of the public sector employees want to be "
indispensable" to keep their jobs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón