Re: Squeeze. After Trinity istall no boot background picture

Mark Goldshtein wrote:
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:01:26 +0300, Mark Goldshtein wrote:

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Camaleón wrote:
I have tried to find background image but do not know name and
location. Wide search brought me nothing.
(...)

You can get it from here:

http://svn.debianart.org/themes/spacefun/

Thank you for an advice!
You are always here, Camaleón, and ready to help, that very supportive.
:-)

offtopic---

As a matter of fact, I killed my Debian installation.
Oh, my... what happened?

The way it happend was simple, I have installed "trinity" with trivial
command # apt-get install desktop-base-trinity kde-trinity, so, as it
seems to me, it may be uninstalled with adequate and predictable
command. Obviously, my opinion about what "install/uninstall" command
means, does not comply with sharp and strict vision of such processes
of "trinity" creators.
May I ask why did you want to remove Trinity packages? :-?

Years before I've used to be a KDE 3 user. KDE 4 experiments are not
in my favorites, so after couple of years with Debian GNOME (Lenny
mostly), I have decided to check out Trinity Project.
Well, have no intention to point a finger on somebody or something
alike but TP seems to be far from that clean and working DE I do
remember as KDE 3.

Yes, of course, my knowledge of linux systems is very basic and it is
the only reason I have no power to resurrect the system in its glory,
which is, of course, possible for an any advanced padawan.
Trinity has its own mailing list. Maybe, before making any undesiderable
movement, you should have asked there. Anyway, I also find difficult to
play with several desktops (I mean, removing a whole DE is not always as
easy as installing it) :-/

Have done something already. Have uncommented CD-ROM and took
something from there (iwconfig still does not works with WPA key
passphrase?). Now reinstalling GNOME (as I like to think), thank god a
network is up. That goes slowly, about 10 kb/s. Probably, because of
New Release event.

Just another heroical battle with own stupidity and self-created problems.

If you install 'desktop-base' you will get the complete Debian Squeeze Theme.

As far as Trinity goes, if you are running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS then Trinity works fine, Tim and his helpers are Ubuntu Users and don't know how to build Trinity for Debian and that is a big problem, now that Squeeze has gone gold maybe a Debian Developer will step-up and build KDE3 for Squeeze, in the meantime KDE 4.5.3 from http://qt-kde.debian.net is a fantastic desktop, in my opinion, much better than KDE 4.4.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Custom OS - AMD64 - KDE 4.5.3 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263