Re: [OT] Gmail's not-that-fancy features (was: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 20:06:57 +0000, Krzysztof Bieniasz wrote:

>> I completely dropped Gmail for mailing lists and use "nntp" for sending
>> and reading in all of them. My use of Gmail is only for personal/direct
>> posts, but not more for mailing lists (as much as I can avoid it) :-/
>
> My email address has nothing to do with it.

Ah, I thought you were having problems to check if your message reached
the list becasue Gmail gracefully "hides" the copy sent by the mailing
list server.

Then, why are you having problems to check your e-mails? :-?

Anyway, if in doubt, checking mailing list archive can help to diagnose
it:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2011/01/mail5.html

> I think you mean google groups. I also dropped it some time ago. I post
> via the "aioe.org" news server, which is the biggest free server still
> allowing posting I could find. What server do you use then?

No, Google groups are most like forums. I mean posting through a "nntp"
server, like Gmane... and know that I see, like your "aioe.org" news
server. Glad to know this list is also available from another news
server :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón