Re: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found

> What kind of device do you have attached to the USB 3.0 port? What
> happens if you attach another device?

Just normal stuff: flash drives, external disks. But after installing
firmware-linux they get detected, only the messages remain.

> Hum, I would try the opposite: enforce the use of "ehci_hcd" (or
> uchi_hcd, whatever you have it in your system) and see how it goes
> (unload "xhci_hcd" and connect the USB 3.0 device to the USB 3.0 port,
> then run "dmesg" to get the output messages).

I tried "modprobe -r xhci_hcd" but I get the same error:
FATAL: Module xhci_hcd not found.
Still it seams that port in fact uses ehci insted of xhci -- look into my
reply to Jimmy Johnson earlier in this thread.

> I guess that USB 3.0 stack is still under heavy development in the
> latest kernel branch (2.6.37.x) :-?

Might be, although there was a lot of hype that GNU/Linux was going to be
the first system to support usb 3.0. Thanks for your help anyway.

KB