[Solution] Start synergy automatically when X starts (was: /etc/X11/Xsession.d)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:41:23 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> I want to use it to start an app when X starts, synergyc to be exact,
> (...)
>
> There is a doc on how to do this, but not sure if that will help:
>
> http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/autostart.html

Thanks Camaleón.

Been there, read that.

However, the offical how-to need us to hack into offical display
manager's start up files. I thought this was bad, because when the
display manager is updated, all your hacking is lost.

So I asked myself, "is there any better places, universal to all 3
display managers and doesn't need to hack into exiting official code"?

First thing I thought of is the .desktop files that freedesktop.org has
specified as the standard method of how the applications should be
started when you start a X session. . .

Read more of my adventure if you are interested, at
http://sfxpt.wordpress.com/2011/01/30/start-synergy-automatically-when-x-
starts/

cheers

--