Re: logrotate

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 15:10:39 +0100, Informatik.hu wrote:

(...)

> I have got a strange problem, every day, a got the following
> error:
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> error: apache2_template:1 lines must begin with a keyword or a filename
> (possibly in double quotes)
> error: apache2_template:13 unexpected }
> error: found error in file apache2_template, skipping

Apparently, the double quotes are valid :-?

I would check the whole "/etc/logrotate.d/apache2" file and search for
any unexpected/hidden characters... you can even create a new file from
scratch (do not copy/paste, manually write all the stanzas) and then run
a simulacrum with "/usr/sbin/logrotate -d").

Greetings,

--
Camaleón