Re: interfaces tab missing in network-admin on Squeeze

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Camaleón wrote:

There is a bug report opened:

gnome-system-tools: network-admin does not show the first "Connections"
pane, so cannot modify interfaces

  yes. Here is the bug report:

   > When I open network-admin (with gksudo) I see no "Connections" pane
   > which would allow me to edit/enable the connections I would like to use.

  and here the answer

      That was disabled in favour of network-admin.
      Cheers,
      Emilio
  it seems that Emilio didn't reread his answer !

Hum... I read it as "network-admin" has been replaced for "network
manager", at least when it comes to managing the network interfaces
settings and that's why it has been removed.

   did he mean that? May-be he will correct his answer. Anyway, NetwokManager
   is a daemon, so you still need a tool to configure the connections,
   like  nm-applet or nm-connection-editor.
   I'll try them when I have some time.

--
Pierre Frenkiel