Re: Realtek 8185 chipset problem

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:01:16 -0500 (EST), Wayne Topa wrote:
> On 01/28/2011 06:36 PM, Paul Scott wrote:
>> On 01/28/2011 02:51 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> Check this out.
>>> <http://forums.opensuse.org/archives/sf-archives/archives-network-internet/archives-wireless-networking/334317-native-linux-drivers-realtek-8185-8187-series-wireless-car.html>
>>>

>> I have just installed it. So far no help. No rtl8185 so far. I will look
>> further.
>
> Paul
>
>    Had another thought this AM.  Being that the driver is in the kernel,
> you should remove whatever ndiswrapper installed.

Um, pardon me for mentioning the obvious, but I think I've read every post in
this thread, and I don't think anybody's mentioned it; so I'll mention it.
Could this be a missing firmware issue?  Is there any indication in the
kernel boot messages that it tried (and failed) to load the firmware for your
hardware?

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :