Re: [squeeze] "Open with..." gone from Ark?

--- On Sat, 1/29/11, godo <goran@dobosevic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> maybe is something wrong because on my Squeeze you can do
> it with right
> mouse->open with->ark or just right mouse and
> extract.

Once you opened an archive file with Ark, Ark will show you the content of the archive. Now, select/highlight one of the archived files and then do a RMB click. In Lenny, a RMB would open a menu with one of the items being "Open with..." that would allow you to select a specific app to open the file with.

In Squeeze, a RMB click when you're *inside* Ark seemingly does nothing, all you can do is to preview a file in the Ark internal viewer, you can't open it with an application of your choice.

So, it appears that in Squeeze one would have to *explicitly* extract the file first in order to open it with a specific app instead of the internal viewer. One extra step as compared to Lenny, one extra step I'd like to avoid.

Thanks