Re: /etc/X11/Xsession.d

On 01/27/2011 10:59 PM, T o n g wrote:
Hi,

Anywhere I can read more about /etc/X11/Xsession.d?

I want to use it to start an app when X starts, synergyc to be exact,
following the steps from
http://tacticalcoder.com/blog/2009/05/using-synergy-software-kvm-with-osx-
and-linux/

"The ubuntu community documentation has instructions on setting up the
client to automatically start. They can be found here. In a nutshell you
make a script. . . Name this script 12synergy and make it executable.
Place this script in the /etc/X11/Xsession.d folder. This causes Synergy
to start as root when the computer boots."

This just doesn't work for me. No synergyc in ps when X (re)starts.

I don't use ubuntu. In debian, for years now, anything I want to have start up in X I put in .xinitrc like this....

synergys --config ~/.synergy.conf --restart &
iceweasel &
icedove &
conky &

Note: I start x with startx, and use fluxbox WM.

HTH

WT