Re: weird warning about packages being unauthenticated from package update manager....

are you using third-party repositories? like debian-multimedia or similar? error says that repositories from which packages are about to be installed are not signed. you need to install *-keyring packages for that repositories.
please port your sources.list contents..

Regards
Roman