Re: Ubuntu -> LMDE: migrate packages using `aptitude` alone?

On 2011-01-27 00:20, Rob Owens wrote:
> I would try to get a list of those applications that you really care
> about.

I fully agree with Rob, having done what you want to do already several
times.

- the selections and print them
- use an old-school pencil to mark what you want
- install your new system from scratch
- aptitude whatever you want and tick it on your paper as don

Not very geeky, I know, but for this job, nifty scripting isn't the
answer IMO. And I'm talking from experience here, not from guessing (I
do script a lot actually ;-) ).

ändu