Re: Lenny or Squeeze?

On Tuesday 25 January 2011 16:48:58 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Ma, 25 ian 11, 16:31:26, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > (Migrating from Lenny to Squeeze is going to be a bit more of a pain for
> > many users that the Etch -> Lenny upgrade.  For most everyone, there'll
> > be an extra reboot [or two] to get the udev / kernel stuff right.
>
> I got away with only one and that was due to grub1 -> grub2. I think the
> udev/kernel issue was solved (or it turned out it was a non-issue?).

Ah, good to hear.  I figured it was possible to have udev support both the
stable (Lenny) and stable+1 (Squeeze) kernels, which is normally a requirement
for userland applications in Debian.

I've already mostly switched my systems over to Squeeze, so I expect the
release to go mostly unnoticed on my systems -- perhaps fewer updates, but I'm
good with that.