Re: (no subject)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:38:52 -0500 Petrus Validus
<petrus.validus@gmail.com> shared this with us all:

>On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 16:43 +0500, ktauhidu wrote:
>> Good day! I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5520g on it does not work the
>> microphone. Tell me how to fix the problem.
>
>How about you tell us more information first.  What have you done to
>fix the problem?  Do you have any error messages to report?
>
>Also, not to be a jerk but demanding answers from people on this list
>(or other technical lists) isn't going to get you too far.  We're not
>here to do your homework for you.

It's always tricky when someone who doesn't have a good command of a
language, attempts to get answers on a mailing list on a language they
don't know well. They do tend to use less words to make less mistakes,
and the email reads a bit abrupt, even rude or demanding.

I assume they post to an unfamiliar mailing list because they can't get
the answers, or don't have a mailing list on that subject in their own
language. Because of the language difficulty don't read the list
nettiquette or anything else, just hoping that someone will understand
their need. [laughing] Just goes to show that most of us are very lucky
in one way or another.

Be well,
Charlie
--