Re: Let's talk about HTTPS Everywhere

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 23:23:06 -0500, Celejar wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 21:00:12 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> And WPA2 with AES encryption is considerably slow. There are also
>> drawbacks when you enforce to use of the best encryption method.
>
> It is?  Do you have either documentation, or personal experience, to
> back this up, and to quantify the performance hit?  I've never noticed
> one, but I've not actually benchmarked.

Personal experience with wpa2... while I don't discard it was a specific
problem/incompatibility with the wireless card chipset in use and the AP,
heck, should you add a security layer you are adding more traffic (data)
that need to be proccessed (encoded/decoded) by both, the host AP and
client.

Besides, if you experience additional problems with coberture (long
distance between the AP and the client) or interferences (saturated
channel spectrum) then the "recipe" for a slow connection is served :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón