Re: Problem with Realtek's driver r8168

On 01/23/2011 10:28 AM, Mario Trangoni wrote:
Hi List, I'm new here and want to ask about a problem with my network driver
"r8168". I've compiled the offical one from Realtek, I can see that the
driver recognize the card but it doesnt work. I've no connection. It's a
pity because I've only problems with thats, the other things are working
properly with a Debian Squeeze.

Don't know which (etch, lenny, squeeze) your are running but I have the same interface running on squeeze with linux-image-2.6.32 an it works fine.

But, I did not have to download the 'offical' one from Realtek as the driver is included in the Debian kernel.

I also installed the firmware-realtek package. Maybe that is what you are missing.

Wayne