Re: stange error

On 2011.01.23. 13:49, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:30:12 +0100, Informatik.hu wrote:

On 2011.01.23. 13:13, Camaleón wrote:
I read it as rsyslog daemon received a "hup" signal in the mode
"lightweight" (kinda soft-restart, maybe it was re-engaded on demand by
a script in logrotate :-?)

Are you getting new entries in the rest of the logs ("/var/log/syslog",
etc...). "messages" log file is not very verbose in Debian.
Yes, there is some new events in my syslog, so it means this message is
by design?
My old ETCH box, does not getting this message, thats why i asked You.
(also using logrotate, logcheck, logwatch)
Let me check it in my squeeze...

root@debian:~# cat /var/log/messages* | grep lightweight
Jan 23 13:12:31 debian rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.6.4" x-pid="869" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type 'lightweight'.
Jan 18 12:04:20 debian rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.6.4" x-pid="874" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type 'lightweight'.
Jan 19 20:59:28 debian rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.6.4" x-pid="865" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type 'lightweight'.
Jan 22 13:05:52 debian rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.6.4" x-pid="872" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type 'lightweight'.
Jan 23 13:12:30 debian rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="4.6.4" x-pid="869" x-info="http://www.rsyslog.com";] rsyslogd was HUPed, type 'lightweight'.

Yes, it seems that message is normal :-)

Just ensure your rotated messages (messages.1, messages.2.gz, etc...) contain
additional data.

Greetings,

I have aready checked, every log.n cotains one message, so it is logrotate! :)

thx!