Re: Squeeze RC1 expert installer seems to have outdated message about Grub 2

Hi Andrei,

It is RC1... I did a bit more searching and it looks like it was in grub-installer and has been fixed just after RC1 was released:

My apologies for not finding that before - I didn't know enough about the installer to guess which package to look in and failed to get the right terms to find that entry in the bug tracker. Thanks for looking anyway, and good to discover that it has been fixed!

Regards,
Matt

On Vi, 21 ian 11, 10:59:44, Matt Hoskins wrote:
>  I'm doing a fresh install of Squeeze RC1 on amd64 from a netinst CD
>  using the text-based expert installer option. I set up my disks with
>  software RAID1. When I came to the part of the install to put on
>  GRUB it displayed the following message:
>
>  "GRUB 2 is the next generation of GNU GRUB. It has interesting new
>  features but is still experimental software. If you choose to
>  install it, you should be prepared for breakage, and have an idea on
>  how to recover your system if it becomes unbootable. You're advised
>  not to try this in production environments."  I had a choice of
>  going with GRUB 2 or GRUB Legacy.

I couldn't find that message in the template.pot files for Debian
Installer or grub2. Are you sure you are using RC1?

Regards,
Andrei