Re: Wrong counter in update notifier

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Liam O'Toole <otoolel@otoole.dyndns.org> wrote:
In gmane.linux.debian.user, you wrote:
> --002215046c7b454ae8049a3d9e57
>
> Hello. I am using a mix of testing and unstable with kde. The update
> notifier always shows a wrong counter. If there are
> no updates it shows 2. Else if the number of updates is n it shows n+2. This
> gets annoying cause it pops up everytime I
> log in. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks
> John

Interesting. I wonder if that behaviour reflects the difference between
a "safe" upgrade and a "full" upgrade, in aptitude terms? Can you show us
the output of the commands (as root):

       aptitude -s safe-upgrade
       aptitude -s full-upgrade

(The "-s" option means that the command will be simulated only. No
changes will be made to the system.)

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland

Same thing. When I do aptitude update the information in the aptitude utility about the updates available is correct. But the pop up in kde
notifications always displays that amount + 2. If I do safe-upgrade or full-upgrade when the update process is finished a notification pops up
again saying 2 updates are available (although all updates have been applied).

John