Re: Keyboard freezing/repeating endlessly

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 13:56:03 -0800, Joe Riel wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:23:09 -0600 Hugo Vanwoerkom  wrote:

(...)

>> > Those messages appear benign.  That is the result of switching to a
>> > virtual terminal and then back to X.  That action does not trigger
>> > the keyboard lockup.
>> >

>> Interesting. How did you figure that out?
>
> tail -f /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> then switched to VT1, then back to X (VT7). When I came back to X, I
> could see the log file being updated.  My tentative conclusion is that
> that is normal behavior of X. Do you see anything similar?

Yes, I also see those "device reopeded" messages.

I dunno what to suggest, if those errors are "fine" and unrelated to the
problem of the ps/2 keyboard freezing I can only think in two possible
suspects: kernel or xorg.

You can:

1/ Start the system with no xorg (console) and leave it so for sometine
to check if the problem is still present (even with no x server).

2/ Review you kernel log, just in case ("cat /var/log/kern.log | grep
input").

If this is something related to X server, as a workaround to avoid
restarting the system when this occurs, you can restart gdm3 service ("/
etc/init.d/gdm3 restart").

I would not discard to open a bug report.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón