Re: repos for squeeze as a base install.

On Sb, 08 ian 11, 14:12:44, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Andrei wrote:
>
> > Add the repository to your sources.list, update and then use aptitude
> > to search for packages with the respective origin [~O or
> > ?origin(repository)], but it's simpler to just open the repository in
>
> I've got plenty of packages trying w/:
>
> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/aptitude search ~O backports
>
> or
>
> /usr/bin/aptitude search ~O bpo
>
> I do not believe I understood You correctly though.

Yes you did, but there's one small detail missing:

$ apt-cache policy
[snip]
   1 http://www.backports.org lenny-backports/main Packages
     release o=Debian Backports,a=lenny-backports,l=Debian Backports,c=main
     origin www.backports.org
[snip]

The correct origin is "Debian Backports" according to o=...

(BTW, this reminds me I forgot to update this machine to the new
location, but the origin is the same ;)]

> > a browser and look in the pool directory ;)
>
> The dir. contains other repos packages mixed - making it impossible to
> to discern to which backports version it relates to. - As I understand.
>
> Also, I guess You can try it Yourself, here is the link:
>
> http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/

Right... didn't think of that. Ok, look at the file:

http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/dists/squeeze-backports/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz

As you can see the file is empty, which means there are no packages ;)

(replace binary-amd64 with the arch you need)

Regards,
Andrei