Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

On 01/06/2011 11:01 AM, Lisi wrote:
On Friday 10 December 2010 18:57:51 Camaleón wrote:
"Camaleón" is just a nickname -a Spanish word meaning "chameleon" in
English- I chose when I installed my first linux system, SuSE Linux 8.2,
7 years ago (openSUSE mascot is a gecko). I was so used to it (to the
nickname) that I kept.
Thanks for the explanation, Chamaleón.  I have wondered.  But given that my
granddaughter's friends include someone called Sunshine and someone else
called Piper, and I can think of people called Chelsea and Brooklyn, I didn't
like to comment/query!  I like that explanation.  I have a green plush Gecko
sitting here in front of me.  Guess which distro I started on???

Lisi

I used to use SuSE also, and for a long time I thought that mascot was some kind
of dinosaur, chosen for ferocity!  I suppose a gecko is not very ferocious--
tenacious, maybe.  (Think GEICO!)

--doug