Re: SOLVED: permissions all zero when using 'cp'

On 01/06/2011 09:48 AM, Jochen Schulz wrote:
Martin Lorenz:
Thanks to all, who helped

it definitely was a rootkit.
came in by this exim bug:
Just out of curiosity: do you know when the attacker succeeded? The DSA
was published Dec 10th. Did you have a (theoretical) chance to install
the patch beofre the attack?

J.
I wish you would elaborate.  What is a DSA, and what is the patch to which
you refer? (DSA: Denial of Service Attack?) I assume the patch is something
that repels rootkit attacks. Is the patch applicable to all Linux distros? Is it
likely to appear in the repo? Would my distro most likely include it in the
usual upgrades I do every few days?

--doug