Re: Second acount on iceweasel

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 08:48:01 -0800, Gary Roach wrote:

> I have this iceweasel account

You mean an "icedove account", right?

> (debian machine) for technical stuff and another acount (thunderbird)
> on a win2k machine for my normal email. I want to transfer the win2k
> account to this machine. How do I do that without getting the two
> accounts intermingled.

Do you want to transfer your e-mail account settings (pop/imap/smtp
server, etc...) or a complete profile, with full e-mails, address
books...?

This article is worth reading:

Transferring data to a new profile - Thunderbird
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_Thunderbird

You can also work with two complete separate profiles and launch Icedove
with the one you prefer each time (old profile from win2k or your current
debian's profile):

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

Greetings,

--