Re: sleeping the system vs hibernate or suspend

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 13:28:11 -0500, Toan Pham wrote:

> Just a side note.
>
> if you want to do S4, make sure that you have swap enabled.  And that
> your swap partition is recommended to be twice the size of your physical
> ram.

Twice? Why? I thought it should be at least the same size :-)

I think nowadays you can even hibernate with no swap partition at all but
using a swap file.

> On some systems with nvidia or ATI video cards wont allow system to go
> to suspend/hibernation.  You can try to unload xorg server unload video
> driver module, and then suspend/hibernate.

"man pm-suspend" provides some tips on how to this.

> also, make sure ACPI is enabled in your bios.

"pm-is-supported" could help here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón