Re: Squeeze. apt-get update failed to fetch .../binary-i386/Packages.gz

On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Mark Goldshtein wrote:
>> Is that temporary problem or there is need to change something in
>> source.list? Before this, all updates went smooth.
>
> Those kinds of errors tend to be temporary.  The http.us.debian.org
> and ftp.us.debian.org names are mapped to multiple addresses so that
> you will round-robin among them.  If one address is down then if you
> try again you will likely get a different server.

Thanks Bob!

Does the 'http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze/contrib i386
Packages/DiffIndex' and 'http://http.us.debian.org squeeze/contrib
i386 Packages/DiffIndex' are contain the same packages for update?

'Ftp' is accessed normally, so should I continue with an update? Or,
it is necessary to wait until # apt-get update will return no errors
at all?
Maybe this is just a bug?

In addition, as I am monitoring 'Debian User Mailing list', nobody
else has reported that problem in Squeeze.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein