Re: lenny to squeeze - key arrows not all working

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 21:28:16 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:41:00 +0100, Filipe Freire wrote:
>>
>> > My keyboard, non usb, got its standard arrow key shortcuts disabled
>> > after upgrade.  Tested with a usb keyboard and there everything works
>> > fine but that is not my keyboard so still need to solve this. Tried
>> > most options with gnome keyboard shortcuts and gconf-editor.  Is this
>> > now a limitation form having a non usb keyboard?
>>
>> Any warning/error/unusual message in xorg's log file?
>>
>> cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb

> Hi Camaleón
>
> this is what I get with cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep -i xkb
>
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
> (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
> (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"

You seem lacking the "layout" for your keybord but dunno if this can make
any difference :-?

Remmeber that in Squeeze you don't need a static "xorg.conf" file at all,
so if that file already exists, try by renaming it and let Xorg server
auto-detect and configure all your input/vga devices automagically.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón