Re: Number pad doesn't work gnome(squeeze) HPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:50:06 -0500, Bill Nickels wrote:

>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:19:31 -0500, Bill Nickels wrote:
>>
>> To recap: you press the "num lock" key and the light switches on but
>> you cannot type any number using the numeric pad. And if you press
>> again the num lock key, the light goes off and you still get no number
>> when you type, right?
>>
>> Could it be a hardware issue? Does the same keyboard work on another
>> computer or have you tried to attach another keyboard just for testing
>> purposes?

> Reca[ correctly states the symptoms.I don't have another computer using
> this os. but, this is dual boot to windows 7 and the keys fully function
> there.

Then I dunno :-?

Just one more thing... do you have enabled, by any chance, system/
preferences/keyboard/mouse keys or any accesibility fetaures?

Those are the only things I can think that could interfere with your num
lock (although they should be disabled as soon as you jump to a tty, and
you were experiencing the same behaviour being there...).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón