Re: Number pad doesn't work gnome(squeeze) HPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:19:31 -0500, Bill Nickels wrote:

>> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:42:46 -0500, Bill Nickels wrote:
>>
>> By terminal you mean "tty", right? I mean, no "gnome-terminal" nor
>> "xterm". I'm trying to determinate if GNOME is the problem here or just
>> X server misconfiguration or a hardware issue :-)
>>
>> Can you test with another keyboard? Just in case.
>>
>> BTW, does your "5335u" keyboard have any special feature or is standard
>> 104-keyboard? And have you set the correct keymap within GNOME (system/
>> preferences/keyboard/keyboard layout)? :-?

> Yes it was a terminal ctrl-alt f1 login invoke sensible-editor and
> test.(system/preferences/keyboard/keyboard layout)? shows a generic
> 105-key(intl) PC.The keyboard has sound control keys at upper right but
> they work. All else seems standard/generic.The same symptom was there
> before I entered anything about the keyboard into xorg.conf.

That's weird :-?

To recap: you press the "num lock" key and the light switches on but you
cannot type any number using the numeric pad. And if you press again the
num lock key, the light goes off and you still get no number when you
type, right?

Could it be a hardware issue? Does the same keyboard work on another
computer or have you tried to attach another keyboard just for testing
purposes?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón