Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' home server - Installation guide
Since a few year, I'm maintaining a couple of 'Debian Home Server Installation
Guides' in Portuguese. Now for the third edition I became more ambitious and the
guide will be available also in English ;-)
The main goals are the same as the previews editions: to share with all Linux
enthusiasts how to set up a full featured Linux home (or small office) server,
but keeping implementation and maintenance as simple as possible.
In a easy to follow way (you can copy and paste all you need) this site will
guide you step by step through:
* Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' installation
* System configuration (network, software, remote access,
system clock, ...)
* Internal server (local network auto configuration,
file sharing with Windows or Mac clients,
antivirus and anti-spam filtering, ...)
* Intranet server (web server, instant messaging,
proxy server with content filtering, media server,
revision control server, ...)
* E-mail server (secure IMAP server, webmail interface,
anti-spam e anti-virus filtering integration, e-mail fetching, ...)
* Internet server (http e https with php and MySQL support,
secure ftp, webdav, ...)
* System monitoring (graphical interface, system statistics,
e-mail notifications, ...)
* Security (intrusion detection system, security auditing,
e-mail notifications, )
So please take a look at: http://debianserver.wikidot.com/squeeze:start
Your feedback will be very welcomed, so please share your opinion, corrections,
questions and suggestions here or in the forum!
For years Linux and the Linux community helped me a lot! These sites are my
retribution to the Linux community!
I hope this guide will help you to!
And if you like it, please spread the word: tell a friend, tell the world!
Portuguese sister projects:
* Debian 4.0 'Etch' home server:
* Debian 5.0 'Lenny' home server:
* Debian 6.0 'Squeeze' home server: