Re: Partitioning a drive with Windows 7 already installed

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:
On 13/10/10 16:52, Mark wrote:

As a side note, if it came with a big hard drive, from my experience I
suggest a 30-40 GB Windows 7 partition (yes it needs that much these days),

That might be conservative. My Win7 is seven months old, and occupies 24GB (no data in that). I didn't make a note of the installation size, but it was a lot less than that. I allowed 65GB...

Yes, I should clarify my size recommendation is based on reducing the bloatware, etc., to almost nothing, tweaking some settings, and eliminating System Restore points (since I backup using Clonezilla those have no use to me).

My current Windows 7 installation, including Office 2007 Professional, uses 16.2 GB of my 30 GB partition.  So this is one of those YMMV situations depending on how determined one is to reduce the footprint of the Windows 7 installation.

Mark