Re (2): configuration of subordinate interface in a bridge; was Linux hub

From:	Jesus_M. Navarro <jesus.navarro@undominio.net>
Date:	Sat, 18 Sep 2010 05:42:40 +0200
> What you need it[an address on dalton:eth1] for?  You expect dalton's eth1 to be
> connected with nothing but carnot by means of a cross-over cable and the
> bridge will already give you IP connectivity between them so no need for
> anything else.

Certainly that is sensible.  I was distracted by
  http://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections
where eth0 and eth1 are both configured before br0 is created.

> There's in fact no "other interface in the LAN" to interfere with.  Or am I
> forgetting something?

No, you've not missed anything in my view.  This is one of those rare cases
where reading the instructions--wiki.debian.org--is inadvisable.

Regards,                ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  7785886232 is gone.
Shop pages http://carnot.yi.org/ accessible as long as the old