Re: Viewing Office 2007 files

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:17:19 -0800, Greg Madden wrote:

>> > It's so annoying that Ms changes its file format again and people
>> > started
>> > to jumping ships. I can't view any of the Office 2007 files that
>> > people
>> > sent me. What's your solution to it (word and excel)?
>> >

> The best FOSS solution you can use  is OpenOffice. Google docs might be
> helpfull. pdf works everywhere.

Thanks everyone for the responds.

OK, OOo is a no brainier. I meant, none of those smaller, command line
tools like wv, catdoc, xlhtml etc works any more, in regarding of Office
2007, right? Any command line, text tools that survives?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/