Re: What's the Debian way of disabling suspend to disk?

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 03:11:27 +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> because I can’t make Powerdevil (KDE’s power management utility) hide
> the "Hibernate" button (which I hit accidentially from time to time),
> I’d like to disable the suspend to disk feature on my system. It’s not
> practical anyway (it’s a laptop with 3 GB of RAM).

Amount of ram should not be a relevant key value for benefiting of
hibernation.

> So what is the proper way of disabling it? A kernel parameter? Some ACPI
> setting?

Suspension/hibernation state is being triggered by "events" (pressing
power button, closing lid or after being idle for an amount of time).

Besides, they can be called by hand (manually launching the appropiate
command) or automatically by DE (KDE powerdevil may have set some power
saving profiles in use).

If you are using "profiles", just setup one that disables hibernation at
all, then apply that profile and you are done.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón