Re: What is the "real GRUB"?

On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 19:53:18 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> Quote from /etc/default/grub:
>
> "...you can only use modes which your graphic card supports via VBE you
> can see them in real GRUB with the command vbeinfo."
>
> ?

Just wild guessing here but... you know that GRUB can be run inside a
session (open a terminal as root and type "grub", then you can "play" a
bit with it) so that "real GRUB" could be referring that you can test the
available modes just inside the true/real GRUB (at booting) and not
inside a GUI session once the vga drivers/modules are loaded into the
system.

P.S. I'm speaking about GRUB legacy, still learning how to deal with GRUB
2 O:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón