Re: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies

On Thursday 05 August 2010 22:32:13 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > On Thu August 5 2010, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> >> Trinity is already compiled for Debian Lenny, so why not give it a
> >> shot? ;-) Â Here is the package list with buildlogs/status/etc.:
> >> https://quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/~trinity/+archive/trinity
> >>
> >> If you want to use the repository, just add these lines to your
> >> sources.list file:
> >> deb
> >> http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubu
> >>ntu lenny main deb-src
> >> http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity-builddeps/ubu
> >>ntu lenny main deb
> >> http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny
> >> main
> >> deb-src
> >> http://ppa.quickbuild.pearsoncomputing.net/trinity/trinity/ubuntu lenny
> >> main
> >
> > so, if I wanted to install this, I would....
> > # aptitude install trinity ?
>
> Personally I would use Synaptic so I can see what packages are
> available, it could be 'kde-3-desktop' or 'trinity-desktop', john may be
> of more help.

Paul -

I think it likely that Trinity will be somewhere in the name, so I would use:
$ aptitude search trinity

Then
# aptitude install <package name or names found thereby>

I am going to be away for a couple of weeks.  Once I am back, then as soon as
it is available I shall be trying to install Trinity using this method.  I'll
let you know how I get on.

Lisi