Re: maintainer not responding

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 12:10:49PM -0700, Jeremiah Mahler wrote:
> debian-user list,
>
> Debian is a great distribution thanks to the countless hours
> volunteers have contributed.
> But what can be done when a maintainer is not responding to the bug
> reports they are responsible for?
>
> Specifically I am interested in these bugs:
> [http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=nenolod%40sacredspiral.co.uk].
>
> Some have patches, some need to be forwarded upstream, and lots just
> need a response like "I don't have time to fix these bugs, could
> someone please help.".
>
> --

Jeremiah,

You link to the bug page for a maintainer, not a specific bug or bugs.
You also don't indicate what efforts you have made to contact the maintainer
(if any), and don't appear to be offering to assist in the resolution of
the bugs.

You may get a useful response if you indicated which specific package(s)
you are interested in and which specific bug(s) you currently experience.
Offering to test or help in some fashion also tends to help motivate
people to work on issues.

Pat

--

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?