Re: Trinity KDE 3.5.11 was Re: How to use two displaies

Lisi wrote:
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 11:02:52 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Trinity KDE 3.5.11 [snip] User

How are you getting on with it?  Does it have full functionality in Ubuntu?

I am watching with interest. I am hoping that, by the time that I have to abandom Lenny, Trinity will have a deb. that I can use in Squeeze.

I hope Guo don't mind us hijacking his tread? :-P

I've been running it about 3 months now and it's the best kde3 out there, both Mepis and Lenny have transparent panel problems that have been fixed trinity, I did have couple icon problems on the quicklauncher, reloading the icons in the menu fixed that problem, a little background, as a Linux tester I was at the kde4 lunch/party in Santa Clara and have been running kde4 since and personally I think it's a pain in the ass, I run dual display and I never know where a new window will pop up and if I resize a window and grab it and move it the window will jump to maximized, I then have resize it and right click on the application in the tray and choose move to put the window where I want it, kde4 is just an irritating desktop manager to use, nothing seems irritating about trinity kde3, plus I'm running it on 8.04 LTS, just seems to be a rock solid system, I too wish trinity was ported for Debian, I've been a Debian user for over eight years, but anything Debian is better than something else.

I also have installs of Fedora, Mandriva and Suse, plus some other systems, I like to see what the other guy is doing, as a matter of fact if someone afraid of Linux but wanted to give it a try, there's an XP clone that looks just like windows called "Ylmf_OS_3.0" it looks and feels like windows with the best configured Gnome desktop I've ever seen, it's also a ubuntu clone.

Anyways, yes, Trinity is a good thing. :-)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu Lucid and Trinity KDE 3.5.11 - EXT4 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263