Re: Software to handle bits and pieces of information.

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 11:13:35 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:

> I could use some suggestions. I seem to collect a lot of snippets of
> information scribbled on pieces of paper, old napkins, etc. Examples are
> notes on harware, sources for stuff, notes on possible projects, book
> that I might want to buy in the future and on and on. This has generated
> numerous scraps of paper and sticky notes with the result that chaos
> reigns. I recently tried knotes which helped a lot but didn't cover
> tasks. I have now switched to Kontact. This takes care of scheduling
> things, projects and short term notes. I still am not sure what to do
> about those notes that could be around for a long time like maybe  a
> note on the "proton boron fusion reaction energy" . I may never use it
> but would like to be able to find the information if need be. I guess I
> need a repository for disparate information (how's that for fuzzy). I
> hope this makes some sense.
>
> Any suggestions.

Kontact seems to be a good choice as it handles e-mail, tasks, simple
notes, to-do list and calendar cites. And is easy to manage.

I would add a desktop search tool for searching inside all that
information but on todays KDE4 SC framework I'm not sure what exact tool
to recommend. It seems Akonadi+strigi+nepomuk is able to make that job
but I'm unaware of its current status :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón