Re: SD card question

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 07:53:13 +0200, Zoran Kolic wrote:

> I have a question regarding SD card, which should be used to upgrade
> firmware on ebook reader. I assume there will be just one try before
> bricking the device.

Do you have a link to the firmware upgrade instructions so we can review
the full process and the required steps?

> The card should be formatted as ext3, followed with copying untarred
> files to it.

Ext3 is not very common under windows/mac systems and Fat32 tend to be
the norm for these devices. Are you sure the SD card has to be formatted
using ext3?

> At first, I did not formatted it again, since it was brand
> new card. I made ext3 partition and piped untarred files directly to the
> card (usb card reader). After a while, brain worm started to move and
> ask if I should do explicite format first. Does it matter at all?

SD cards come from factory with Fat32, so I would reformat the SD card
with ext3, just in case :-?

> Try to mount SD card as vfat failed, as ext3 succeeded. Should I repeat
> steps with fdisk first anyway? Best regards

Maybe the error comes from another place. Are you getting any message or
warning on the e-book when trying to perform the firmware upgrade?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón